วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 16 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2555

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

Soundtrack: The New Radicals - You Get What You Give


I am just going to ignore the fact that I have not updated this blog for many moons and just write as if nothing happened.

Lately I have been getting more and more affirmations that I am officially old because my teenage decade is now a the new trend.
All I could think of is: This must be what my dad felt when I told him I was into platforms and if he still had his Beatles and Hendrix vinyls.

My friends and I attended a one-hall-one-night music festival type event where they got rock bands from the 90s era to perform. The headliner was the band Suede, which I was incredibly excited about even if I only knew one song.
They came out rocking in very age appropriate attires. White shirt and fitted blue jeans with a brown leather belt. It really did look like Brett dropped by Bangkok to do a gig on his way to pick up his kids from the park on a sunny British summer afternoon.
Seriously.


h


















I actually prefered the mini moshpit-without-the-moshing better. It was just outside the concert hall where the a DJ played tunes like Trouble by Shampoo and Chumbawamba alikes.

I appreciated the effort and the opportunity to reminisce some good times but once it hit 10pm, the old ladies had to retire to a quiet bar for a quick night cap before heading home and wash our hair.


Love,

Colour Box

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น